[Discussion] Neigbborhood Apartment Fire

James Howard james at partimus.org
Mon Jan 2 19:34:20 PST 2012

\
> I don't typically watch the local news, but I happened to randomly
> turn on the TV to NBC local news this evening while they were
> finishing a story about the recovery from this fire.
>
> CACS now has an information and donation page:
>
> http://www.creativeartscharter.org/news/fire.asp
>
> Now that there is more public information about the damage we should
> blog about this on the Partimus blog to spread awareness that they're
> looking for help, I'll write up a draft in the next day or so for
> others to review.

I'm very naive about these things, so please be patient with me. But my
questions are: 1) I carry a property and casualty policy as required by my
lender for my home. Why wouldn't a school carry this? 2) It's a public
school. Where is the government?  A half block of Berkeley recently burned
down and the Federal government came in offered aid. Surely, the
government would do the same for a school.