[Discussion] Neigbborhood Apartment Fire

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at partimus.org
Mon Jan 2 19:17:23 PST 2012

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 10:02 PM, Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I walked through the lower school tonight, and the news is not good.  The
> east wall got scorched, and there is extensive water damage throughout the
> lower school, grades k thru 5.
>
> The principal's east windows caught fire, as did the art teacher's east
> windows, and the same for the library and the main office.  The fire was
> mostly to the exterior, fortunately, but all of those windows were punched
> out by SFFD.
>
> There is water in many of the classrooms, because the sprinklers activated.
>
> Remarkably, all of our Linux computers were spared as far as I could see!
> Not a single one of our Linux computers were damaged in any way!
>
> The Linux lab is in the upper school (grades 6 thru 8), which was spared.
> The upper school will smell smokey, probably.  Construction, which was
> previously under way on the upper school, might be delayed. Construction was
> already delayed by order of the fire marshall, as it was unsafe for the
> workers to be there today.
>
> This whole thing will be quite bad for CACS.
>
> I will keep you in touch as I learn new things.

I don't typically watch the local news, but I happened to randomly
turn on the TV to NBC local news this evening while they were
finishing a story about the recovery from this fire.

CACS now has an information and donation page:

http://www.creativeartscharter.org/news/fire.asp

Now that there is more public information about the damage we should
blog about this on the Partimus blog to spread awareness that they're
looking for help, I'll write up a draft in the next day or so for
others to review.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com