[Tech] Partimus & Raspberry Pi 3 Model Bs

Tai Kedzierski dch.tai at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 12:19:04 PDT 2016

Hello Christian

So - github is a site where users can collaborate on code. Only certain
people can push to a given github project/repo so you could have Partimus
volunteers propose file changes, which a key account holder could approve
or reject. This git project repository would serve to collaborate on
improving any automation tools.

My github is here for example - https://github.com/taikedz/ ; I have
various projects in there that other people can see and contribute to, but
I have the final say as to whether their changes actually make it into my
version of the code or not.

A git repository could also be hosted on a Partimus server itself, it does
not have to be on github.

The main thing is: we could have a way to allow Partimus technical
volunteers put together and maintain the automation scripts. The deployed
PCs could then pull the freshet versions of those scripts automatically,
and run them as appropriate to the particular PC. Those scripts, would then
be responsible for running the updates from the Ubuntu repositories, doing
any additional configuration, etc. Pretty much anything.

The only thing the person setting up the PC would need to do is install the
cronjob - which would also be made as easy as possible via some scripting.

I hope that dispels the confusion?

===
Tai Kedzierski

Software and Support for SMEs and Charities
http://helpuse.com/

Chat / VoIP: TOX:
8F52CBAC32DC7C87C0A65F0ABD8A4AE3550DFC16763D410B22054A552C81CE7E72D6D065D451
<https://tox.chat/download.html>

I use LibreOffice <https://www.libreoffice.org/> , a free,
Freedom-respecting replacement for MS Office

*Open Source Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price.*
http://bit.ly/foss-why-care