[Tech] Partimus & Raspberry Pi 3 Model Bs

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 11:14:20 PDT 2016

Hi, thanks Tai, bottom posting...

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Tai Kedzierski <dch.tai at gmail.com> wrote:

> Github repositories are independent of the distribution repositories.

Why choose Github or any repository that is independent of the Ubuntu
repository?  Is that commonly done?  Is the Github repo what we refer to as
a "mirror" of the Ubuntu repository?  I am obviously asking out of sheer
ignorance.

> So long as the PC is on the cron job will run - no users need to be
> actively logged in

Could we also do that if we pull from the Ubuntu repositories?

--
Christian Einfeldt