[Tech] Partimus (PXE?) (nearly?) unattended install solution(s?)

Tai Kedzierski dch.tai at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 03:19:02 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Sorry for the long silence, got caught up in other projects and general
life events...

I revisited the PXE setup, and have managed to produce a fairly reliable
recipe for a Ubuntu-14.04-based PXE server in VirtualBox (see attached)

I'm having problems however with the Ubuntu installer - it gets through
most things fine, but then craps out at "Install the system" - from the
little I have so far read on mailing lists, it seems this is an issue with
the distro trying to fetch security packages from the installation medium
but not finding them there? Or the likes? Does not seem totally accurate to
me, but if anyone has any insights I would much appreciate them.

Or have things moved on since ?

I'll have a go at serving up a Lubuntu image instead, but I think that will
be a little more involved. Once I can do all that, we can tie instructions
together into a single workflow hopefully.

Tai

===
Tai Kedzierski

Affordable Office IT for Freelance and Startup Businesses
http://helpuse.com/

  I use www.libreoffice.org

*"Open Source Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price."*
http://bit.ly/foss-why-care