[Tech] New client machine up at Ascend

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 16 19:33:15 PDT 2015

Sounds good!

I might suggest *not* sending passwords to email/list especially that is
or may be publicly archived.  In general best to not send passwords
in the clear.  In any case, for Partimus, and lab in school, that may be
of greatest concern for the PXE boot / build / install / etc. server - if
that fails for any reason, as I understand it, that leaves the school lab
relatively dead in the water - at least for network access beyond that
subnet/VLAN - until it's fixed or replaced ... whereas the rest of the
computers in lab are comparatively easier to replace and have less of an
impact if they fail.

references/excerpts (slightly redacted):