[Tech] [Discussion] automated image?

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Thu May 31 15:02:35 PDT 2012

HI,

Thanks for your reply, Grant.

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Grant Bowman <grantbow at partimus.org>wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I am not sure if we can use this to do our automated installs?
> >
> > http://www.ubuntu.com/content/configuring-keystone-openstack-essex
>
> Hey Christian,
>
> I have three questions for you. First, what are you hoping keystone
> can help us within our deployments?

As a relatively simple end user, I don't know what I don't know.  I heard
something in the presentation about authentication (authentication and
authorisation [Basic Auth, OAuth, and OpenID, to give a few examples)], and
I thought that maybe that touched on something that was part of the
services that our server provides.  I guess on further reflection, Keystone
just provides those services in the context of the cloud.  So I guess it is
irrelevant.  Is that the case?

> Second, where do you think we
> should start using 12.04 with OpenStack and KVM in our deployments
> that Keystone addresses?

I didn't know if keystone was just a cloud-based tool, or if there were
aspects of the services that were similar enough to what James does with
the server so as to warrant a look-see.  I don't know what I don't know.

> Third, don't you think this belongs on the
> "tech" list rather than the "discussion" list? I've cc'd it and would
> recommend we all follow up there.

Gotcha.  Thx.