[Discussion] Neigbborhood Apartment Fire

James Howard james at partimus.org
Tue Jan 3 12:48:38 PST 2012

> Hi,
>

> Insurance companies typically don't cover all of the loss,

Have you studied the school's policy, specifically? I'm glad to know that
my policy covers books and computers, because that's about all I own!

 and teachers
> don't make much money, and schools budgets are getting cut regularly.
>  Maria Jenerik has to work over Christmas holidays and other school breaks
> as a painter to make ends meet, and she still goes out of pocket for
> things
> such as supplies for her classroom.

Not sure how this fits in with the school being damaged. Does the casualty
here suggest that teacher wages will be cut?

> For example, there were a lot of books in the school's K-5 library that
> were damaged, and those will not be covered.  Computers were damaged, and
> those will not be covered.  This is an opportunity for us to get more
> teachers using Linux computers.

You ever hear that the Chinese word for "crisis" is the same as the word
for "opportunity"?

Well, that's an urban legend.