[Tech] Partimus (PXE?) (nearly?) unattended install solution(s?)

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at partimus.org
Thu Jun 18 13:14:08 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 9:20 PM, Michael Paoli
<Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Though I could set up CentOS to replicate what you've done, I don't
> particularly see point to that, as Partimus PXE server ought be Lubuntu,
> and I've already successfully set up both Debian and Lubuntu PXE
> boot/install servers.

As an organization we've developed the volunteer expertise and
documentation around working with and managing Debian/Ubuntu
deployments, so I'm also reluctant to bring CentOS into the mix here.

Honest question WRT Ubuntu Server vs. Lubuntu and the proposed
tooling: Is there a reason we need a graphical interface on our
PXE/proxy/NFS server at all? Lubuntu just brings in the graphical
components for a desktop, which generally are not appropriate for a
Linux-based server.

Thanks for your work on this Tai and Michael.

--
http://www.partimus.org