[Tech] [Discussion] Intro / notes on the new Ascend setup

Scott DuBois rhcom.linux at gmail.com
Wed May 27 10:32:43 PDT 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 06:29:54PM -0700, Steve Zawadzski wrote:
> hey Guys,
>
> Sorry if I am responding incorrectly.  But I thought I should get something
> out.  There is a cool tool for what you guys are doing.  I think  Scott  is
> right that for the current needs Squid is a good choice for the momement. I
> think what you should look at though is
>
> sudo apt-get install squid-deb-proxy avahi-utils

Something else I found that might be of interest:

https://www.garron.me/en/blog/ubuntu-deb-proxy-cache.html

I'm guessing David is going to have something in place long before the June
EBLUG meeting where I'm *hoping* we can all get together again and demo these
ideas we're kicking around.

Ideally, whetever the end result configuration, we can package to make
replication on subsequent servers a trivial task.

--
Scott DuBois       "The true sign of intelligence is...
BSIT/SE	                 not knowledge but imagination"