[Tech] Partimus (PXE?) (nearly?) unattended install solution(s?) ... next steps?

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 14:35:32 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 6:37 PM, Michael Paoli <
Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Wiki?
> I did also go through the steps on wiki for registration, but
> I've yet to receive (or be able to set) a password, or receive
> link to (re)set such ... so far only got the link to verify my email
> address ... still can't login to wiki.

Sorry about that.  We are working on it.  I can't figure out how to get
access to the wiki.  We locked it down due to vandalism.  As soon as we
figure out how to unlock it, I will let you know, and I will continue to
work on that.  I just texted with Grant Bowman who said that he will work
on it tonight, thanks for that Grant!

In the meantime, can we continue to use the Google docs sandbox document as
a workaround?  I have invited everyone on this thread to that doc.

> Custom ISO ... bittorrent?  I might be more interested in either or both
> of:
> o zsync - and it's quite similar to / based upon (such and such ISO,
>   e.g. latest Lubuntu 14.04[.x] LTS ISO)
> o script(s)/programs that would recreate the custom ISO based upon some
>   standard reference ISO (e.g. latest Lubuntu 14.04[.x] LTS ISO)

Okay, Michael, whatever method you gurus choose is fine.  The end result we
are looking for is that the teacher can easily copy CDs; can easily put a
CD into a fat client and then reboot that machine and mass install over the
network.

Thanks to everyone who is helping on this issue!