[Tech] wiki (possibly leverage ...)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 27 19:07:56 PDT 2015

Okay, deduped the To:/Cc: down to only those folks I didn't see as
subscribed to the list ...

As for wiki, I'll see if I can touch base with Lyz on that sometime
soonish (like a next time we talk in person).

BALUG.org has wiki, and I've been reasonably defending it against
vandalism & bot subscriptions ... might be able to leverage use of that
for Partimus ... or leverage what's been done there to do similar on
Partimus host or hosted service ... but does come down to he/she that
has to maintain the thing and such.  (been pretty easy on BALUG ...
quite a number of years, teensy bit 'o vandalism beaten back, one round
'o cleaning out subscribed by bot logins and clamping down registration,
and no other issues to speak of for that wiki).  Anyway, I could create
namespace for Partimus on BALUG host, ... or various other possibilities.
And DNS could even be tweaked so it could be somewhere under partimus.org,
even if/when it might later be desired to relocate it.  If one is
curious, have a peek around:
http://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki
(registration is locked down, but I can manually add folks, and one can
quite freely pay with the "playground" page with no registration
required) [some 'o the wiki pages on that wiki are quite out-of-date, but
many are still quite current or very actively maintained].