[Discussion] Non-Tech Volunteers

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at partimus.org
Sun May 24 12:11:56 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 5:20 PM, Scott DuBois <rhcom.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> This just came through on IRC and I thought is would be good to pass along here.
> Every project is always looking for volunteers but, a lot of times people think
> Linux or FOSS groups are only looking for super technical coders or admins and
> that's totally not the case.
>
> The following video points out other areas where people who want to get involved
> can help out and how to work with those people. There's always something that
> almost anyone can do that can help Partimus and FOSS.
>
> https://youtu.be/G9TnZhw2bt0

Deb does a great job with these kinds of things, thanks for sharing the video!

Last year I also did a couple presentations about involvement with
Ubuntu specifically, where I talked about several non-technical ways
to get involved. In one I teamed up with Canonical community team
member Nicholas Skaggs, slides here:
http://princessleia.com/presentations/contributingtoubuntu-fossetcon-2014.pdf
(I don't think there was a video).

I also wrote an article that was published in March that specifically
spoke to educators about how they can get involved, which had many of
the same topics:
http://www.techtalklive.org/ttlblog/Pages/Five-Ways-to-Get-Involved-with-Ubuntu-as-an-Educator.aspx

--
http://www.partimus.org