[Discussion] Another triagefest!

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:39:27 PDT 2012

Hi,

If you missed last week's triagefest at the Creative Arts public charter
school, here's another chance to come and hang out and triage Linux
machines!

This Saturday from 10:30 to 3:00, there will be a triagefest at the
Creative Arts Charter School at 1601 Turk Street at the corner of Pierce
Street in San Francisco. This is the school that had that huge fire on
12/22/11.  More about that fire here:

http://blog.partimus.org/?p=159

The purpose of this triage fest is to separate good equipment from bad
equipment.  Volunteers with a pick-up truck for moving equipment 3 blocks
would be particularly appreciated.

Pizza will be served at 12:30 p.m.

Please bring with you everything that you would need to test a computer and
its peripheral equipment, and to take a computer apart and put it back
together.  It would also be good to bring Ubuntu 10.04 on a flash drive,
since we will be installing that distro on some machines.

This public charter school relies on our Linux computers heavily for the
work that their students do, so they will definitely appreciate the work!
 Thanks in advance to all volunteers!