[Discussion] Triage fest this Saturday

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 18:06:52 PST 2012

Hi,

Partimus.org will be having a triage fest this  Saturday, January 28, 10:00
a.m. to 3:00 pm, at the Creative Arts Charter School at 1601 Turk Street,
at the corner of Turk and Pierce.  This is the school that had that huge
fire on 12/22/11.  More about that fire here:

http://blog.partimus.org/?p=159

The purpose of this triage fest is to separate good equipment from bad
equipment and at 2:00 pm, we will move the bad equipment off premises
(assuming that we get a volunteer who has a vehicle, preferably a pick-up
truck).  Truck or no truck, we will finish at 3:00 pm.

Pizza will be served at 12:30 p.m.

Please bring with you everything that you would need to test a computer and
its peripheral equipment, and to take a computer apart and put it back
together.  It would also be good to bring Ubuntu 10.04 on a flash drive,
since we will be installing that distro on some machines.

This public school relies on our Linux computers heavily for the work that
their students do, so they will definitely appreciate the work!  Thanks in
advance to all volunteers!