[Discussion] Ubuntu Linux - Partimus.org

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Wed May 2 13:36:58 PDT 2012

Hi,

Thanks for starting this thread, Grant.  Partimus.org has proven that there
is a need for our model of providing hardware, software, and support in
at-risk public schools.  Now we need to grow through outreach and
fundraising.  I believe that Partimus.org could provide do.something
volunteers with great direction and a turn-key volunteer opportunities.

In particular, we would be able to provide volunteer opportunities for
people who want to go into the classroom and be present to support teachers
and students with basic software usage issues.  We tend to support middle
schools, and many of our students really still have not developed a wide
familiarity with using computers or Internet activities, surprising as that
might seem.