[Discussion] workflow of support

James Howard james at partimus.org
Fri Aug 12 16:50:05 PDT 2011

> We have two or three support models: 1) Grant goes by Everrett every
> Wednesday or so and keeps an eye on things. 2) Christian keeps an eye
> on KIPP and CACS. They call him when something breaks. 3) Grant goes
> by CACS occasionally, talks to teachers, and finds out what's broken.

It's actually been quite a bit more complex than that, involving a lot of
different volunteers, during different periods, who communicate with many
different teachers via many different channels.

It's been suggested before that we set up a trouble ticket system. Perhaps
deploy the package on some of our recently acquired web hosting and then
direct teachers there. They can file comprehensive reports about their
tech questions and problems. Partimus volunteers would then take ownership
of each problem and track progress using this system until completion.

It's also been suggested that this sort of system would not be adopted by
the teachers. That nothing beats good old fashioned face time at regular
intervals. They teachers describe their problems to you in person, and you
schedule time to work with them on the problem on site.

I imagine whatever approach we take could involve both software and
personal communication.