[Discussion] Middle School Starting Fall 2011

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 10:27:41 PDT 2011

hi,

Thx for your email, Grant!

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Grant Bowman <grantbow at partimus.org> wrote:

> Youth return to the Mission Beacon http://missionbeacon.org after
> school program on Monday. I worked with Owen and the staff yesterday
> and today helping prepare as they move equipment and fix the DSL
> connection that has been down all summer.

This is great!  Do you want to expand on this just a little bit, and then we
can make it a blog?  IMHO, it is important for us to try to keep our blog
fresh, so that we have lots of content to give potential donors a view into
what we are doing.

> Are all SFUSD schools going
> back to school now?

I think that SFUSD schools go back on a staggered schedule.  I am not sure
if they all start on the same day.

> We could really use help in establishing and
> maintaining relationships with all of our sites as described on our
> website. http://partimus.org/projects.php

Yeah, I think we need to do an outreach push among the LUGs to get people to
"adopt" schools.  I think we need to increase our volunteer base.

> For the more visually inclined here is a map of the sites we support.
> Especially if you live near by and would like to help please let us
> know.

This map is great!  Thanks!  I will blog about this by Monday.  I just put
up a post yesterday, so I don't want to crowd too much stuff together.  I
will also tweet about this map.

> http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=201051147202705721834.0004aa435db2765aba722

I am going to tweet about my blog yesterday, and I would be grateful if
everyone could retweet it to get up attention for our blog.  We have at
least five active tweeters on this list (Grant, Elizabeth, Beth Lynn,
myself, plus the Partimus Tweet / Identi.ca page) and so that is a good
start on increasing our visibility and increasing traffic to our website.
 Thanks either way!