[Discussion] Another fundraising proposal

Maile Urbancic maile.urbancic at partimus.org
Wed Jun 15 12:07:15 PDT 2011

All,

I wanted to give an update on how the Ubuntu earring fundraising is going.
 So far, the Ubuntu earring page has had 1500+ views, from all over the
world. To date, 15 pairs of Ubuntu earrings have sold -- $90 for Partimus.
 I only have 15 more pairs in stock, so yesterday I ordered 60 more.  I
imagine that orders will slow down after the initial publicity, but we seem
to be getting more international orders today than yesterday and the day
before.  There seemed to be a lot of international interest, so I started
shipping globally.  In the last day, we've had orders from Switzerland,
Germany, Canada, and the UAE.

Several comments on the product page indicate interest in a silver version.
 Do you think I should have 30 of the 60 reorders silver-plated?  And to do
so, would I need to ask Canonical again if that would be okay?  (My initial
request said the earrings would be gold-plated.)

In any case, I am very happy with how things have gone so far.  The amount
of interest has been far greater than I expected, and I hope that it can
continue to pull in funds for Partimus.  I would be happy to just keep
reordering and offering these earrings as long as demand continues.  I would
be curious if the Partimus website has been getting more views, and if there
have been any direct donations?

- Maile