[Discussion] Another fundraising proposal

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:39:08 PDT 2011

hi,

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Maile Urbancic <
maile.urbancic at partimus.org> wrote:

> All,
>
> I wanted to give an update on how the Ubuntu earring fundraising is going.
>  So far, the Ubuntu earring page has had 1500+ views, from all over the
> world. To date, 15 pairs of Ubuntu earrings have sold -- $90 for Partimus.

Woo hoo!  that is great!

> I only have 15 more pairs in stock, so yesterday I ordered 60 more.  I
> imagine that orders will slow down after the initial publicity, but we seem
> to be getting more international orders today than yesterday and the day
> before.  There seemed to be a lot of international interest, so I started
> shipping globally.  In the last day, we've had orders from Switzerland,
> Germany, Canada, and the UAE.

Wonderful!!

> Several comments on the product page indicate interest in a silver version.
>  Do you think I should have 30 of the 60 reorders silver-plated?  And to do
> so, would I need to ask Canonical again if that would be okay?  (My initial
> request said the earrings would be gold-plated.)

I don't think that you need the permission of Canonical.  Canonical has
given you permission to use their intellectual property for the noble
purpose of supporting Partimus and getting the Ubuntu brand out there, and I
don't imagine that the permission was linked to the metal or the color.  So
unless there is some limiting language in your discussions with them from
their side saying that they would have to approve a different metal, I would
say go for it.

> I would be curious if the Partimus website has been getting more views, and
> if there have been any direct donations?

I am guessing that is an Elizabeth question?

Thanks again for your wondeful work, Maile!